Wedding Cake Tips & Suggestions
| Print |
Things you should know to make your wedding day one you won't want to forget ...
- Serving Size: Keep in mind when ordering your wedding cake that you'll want to save the top layer. So order a cake that will be large enough for all of your guests and still have enough of the top layer saved for your first year wedding anniversary. If you have a wedding coordinator, you'll want to be sure that they put that layer aside for you.
- Pricing: Wedding cake prices are based on a rate of $4.25 per person* and can change depending upon the number of people, availability of seasonal fresh fruits, and types of fresh flowers that may be used. *Prices are subject to change.
- Cake Style: Always review the portfolio of a cake designer before making your purchase. This is very important, because some bakeries don't specialize in wedding cakes. This will insure that your cake is baked to your specifications.
- Guest Considerations: If you are on a very tight budget for your wedding consider ordering a smaller wedding cake plus a less expensive sheet cake with icing. You will still be able to satisfy all of your guest and keep your expenses down. Be sure to keep the sheet cake in the kitchen and out of sight.
- When To Order: Plan to interview your cake designer at least 60 to 90 days before your actual date, or as soon as your wedding date is confirmed. Some bakeries will only take 1 or 2 bookings per date; others will accept more.
- References: Always ask for references or customer feedback from previous bookings. We invite you to take a look at our many customer testimonials.
Browse Wedding Cakes